Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hello, Baking!

After my unsuccessful attempt in baking about 7 years ago, I found the courage to try it again. But before I started, I bought some baking equipment especially the oven thermometer. It is necessary that you have the right oven temperature while baking. Now I know that the failure in baking lies in the temperature and measurement of ingredients.

I started baking banana cake. My friend Nora shared to me her simple banana cake recipe. Hooray!!! I got it right. Well, maybe it’s just a simple recipe that’s why I successfully made it.

I became a little adventurous, I started baking brownies. The first attempt of baking brownies was a real failure; I called it “roasted brownies.” But I don’t lose hope and said to myself, “C’mon Lani, you can try it again.” Here’s my recipe for brownies which I got from Del Monte kitchenomics website. And I’m happy I did it perfectly.

Fruit Cocktail Brownies

Ingredients:

2/3 cup margarine or butter
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 pcs eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp iodized fine salt
1 can (439 g) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail
½ cup roasted cashew nuts

Procedure:

Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Melt margarine in sauce pan over low heat. Add cocoa. Remove from heat. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, fruit cocktail and nuts.
Pour onto greased rectangular pan (13” x 9”). Bake for 45 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool slightly. Cut into bars.


Moral of my story: “Try and try until you succeed.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got your recepies and awesome !ill bake it as soon as i got the chance :)

Anonymous said...

lani dear,
hello i just tried the recipe and it was a success :)

tnx!